Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Air-mattress Debacle

So after my fabulous long Memorial day weekend at home I returned Monday evening to find my air-mattress half deflated which is kinda odd since I haven't had to re-inflate it since I got here 2 weeks ago. Regardless I chalked it up to being cold down here in the basement ect... so I filled it up and began unpacking, chatted with Ryan on Skype looked over and realized roughly three hours later the air-mattress was again deflated. WTF! So I strip my bed, inflate it again but this time I go hunting for a leak. I eventually find a small roughly 1 cm rip on a seem, I figure it's 11pm not much I can do about it I'll just fill it up and go to sleep. So during the night every 2hours I would wake up in a different position the first time I awoke at 2am and was falling off the head of the bead because I was sleeping to close to the top, I shifted and fell asleep only to wake up at 3ish to find my legs had somehow migrated to the left and I was diagonal across the bed and I was being suffocated by the sides of the bed like a sandwich. Finally at 6am I awoke due to pain in my hip as I was now firmly resting on the floor. My 2ft high Air-mattress was almost completely flat... Awesome. So the next day I go to the store find myself a vinyl patch (seeing as how my cheap-O one didn't come with a patch) Patch up the mattress and attempt to sleep on it the next night. This goes fairly well the patch mostly holds, it's only half deflated in the morning I figure I'll do the water test on the weekend when I have an entire day to deal with the sucker. I've been sleeping on it through the week and it's not bad. This morning I wake up at my normal time 6am out of conditioning but decide I'd like to sleep in a bit so I get out of bed to fill up the mattress so I can sleep a little longer. About 20 seconds in I hear a loud noise and see part of the covers jump and there goes the bed... rapidly deflating. I pull back the covers to discover the small hole along the seem just completely blew out. All I can say is at least it happened on a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. So lame! At least you got an early start to the day and it was productive! ;-) xoxo!

    ReplyDelete