NO.. I don't know EVERYTHING yet, that's why I'm doing rotations, and how do you expect any Doctor, PA, NP, RN ect... to learn anything if everyone is to good to be seen by a student! Don't get me wrong I totally understand when people are dealing with something uncomfortable and would prefer to have their regular physician see them or do probing exams, believe me I UNDERSTAND! But when I can see and hear the disdain they have for me as a student it bothers me. Why on earth would you snear at someone who's sitting in front of you with empathy and desire to help in anyway they can??
Me: Ok, no problem I'll go and get my preceptor to do the exam/history, would you mind if I sat in and learned during the exam
Patient: Well if he's the one doing the exam and making the decisions I don't see why you need to be here.
Really? Seriously?, did you not hear me say TO LEARN? do you not understand what a students job is?? Luckily this is an extreme minority of the patients, in fact out of the 4 weeks I've been here there have only been 1-2/wk that prefer I either not do the exam or step out for part of it, which I don't mind at all.
Wow. Who are they? Where do they live? I'll go give them an earful! Nobody puts Tawny Monster in a corner!
ReplyDeletexoxo ;-)
I love you shellee!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete