a PA student on the road learning the "Art" of medicine. This blog will chronicle my trials and tribulations along the way.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Baby June
Another exciting weekend for me! I had the awesome opportunity and honor of being present while my best friend Shellee had a successful VBAC on July 4th! Beautiful baby June was born on the fourth of July at 12:21pm. I was so proud of how amazing Shellee was during labor, she remained calm and did so good pushing right up till the very end. I actually surprised myself by getting quite teary eyed when the baby began to cry, Adam announced it was a girl and Shellee cried out "I have a baby girl!" It was a very tender moment and I am so happy I was there to share it with them. Now as much as I adore Shellee I couldn't help but watch and listen for the objective medically interesting part of the VBAC... Shellee told me later (while she made beeping computer noises)she could see my "medical mind working" and it's true I would phase in and out of getting wrapped up in the emotion of watching my closest friend have her child and my medical student brain analyze the prep and procedures going on in front of me. I think right after baby June was out and laid on Shellee's chest and the tears of joy receded, my brain kicked into full student mode and I was very focused on the "after birth" procedures. (Since she is my friend I'll restrain myself from further detail) This was the first birth I have witnessed and it will suffice to say I don't think anything will be able to top that experience for many many years. Congratulations to Adam and Shellee and their beautiful baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment