Monday, July 19, 2010

Nearing the end of Family Practice

So I'm now 14 working days away from the end of my first (and second) rotation. I finally got to do a few sutures last week which was fantastic and I managed to do a fair job, as in I only needed a small amount of guidance with the first tie. I can now leave the rotation feeling confident I got a health dose of "bread and butter" patients (colds, sore throat, asthma, allergies, muscle aches, ear infections ect..) and at least one chance to practice suturing and I & D. So for the last few weeks I'll be reviewing and organizing my "personal scut" or my black book of cliff notes on all the things I've learned in the last 10 weeks. I can't wait to get home to see my boyfriend and family as well as my fantastic class mates so we can all share "war" stories and revel in the newest leg of our journey to become PA's.

1 comment:

  1. You're so awesome! I'm so proud of you....I can't believe round #1 and #2 are almost done! You're that much closer to being done....and paying back all those loans. Ha ha! ;-) Can't wait to see you again, I'll make a paper chain to count down the days until you come HOME! XOXOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete